14 (Friday) 2:00 pm - 23 (Sunday) 6:00 pm
520 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Oscar-winning animation studio LAIKA, creators of Coraline, ParaNorman, The Boxtrolls and Kubo and the Two Strings, brings its pop-up exhibit to the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter from Friday,
Oscar-winning animation studio LAIKA, creators of Coraline, ParaNorman, The Boxtrolls and Kubo and the Two Strings, brings its pop-up exhibit to the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter from Friday, July 14th to Sunday, July 23rd.
Admission is free to the exhibit, which will feature props, puppets, monsters, and sets from LAIKA’s award-winning films as well as fan art, a photo/GIF booth with LAIKA characters, daily drawings for a pair of Nike’s LAIKA-themed shoes designed by Tinker Hatfield, social media activations, LAIKA merchandise offered for sale (including a new limited edition Coraline doll and display case), giveaways, and more. In addition to the pop-up exhibit, LAIKA’s walkaround costumed characters will appear at various locations in the Gaslamp Quarter for fan interaction and photos.
Travis Knight, President & CEO of LAIKA and director of Kubo and the Two Strings, will autograph merchandise purchased at the exhibit on Friday, July 21st at 3pm.
Hours of operation:
- Friday, July 14: 2 PM to 10PM
- Saturday, July 15: 11AM to 10 PM
- Sunday, July 16: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Monday -Tuesday, July 17-18: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, July 19: 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Thursday, July 20: 11:00 AM to 11 PM
- Friday, July 21: 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Saturday, July 22: 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Sunday, July 23: 10:00 AM-6:00 PM